“`After completing this course, you will have all the skills that I find essential to working as a barista. We go over each step in the process, from the roasted beans to the coffee you would serve to the customers, as well as developing a workflow that keeps your work area clean and the principles of being effective without losing out on quality!
You will learn:
– The basics of extracting the espresso shot, as well as touching on the basics of the impact of water to coffee ratios and Grind settings
– How to achieve a consistent water flow with the correct tampering technique and settings
– Milk frothing for all the typical espresso drinks, with focus on achieving the correct texture and temperature as that is what will impact the flavor
– The Typical Coffee shop Menu – all the recipes as well as some tricks to make your beverages more appealing
– Fundamentals of Latte Art – you will learn the technique to make the basic shape of an heart and if you manage it quickly I will go over some of the other shapes as well
– Effective workflow
-How to treat and handle customers with respect
and some simple tips and tricks that I have gained during the years to increase the quality of your espresso shot
My name is Oskar Thölén and I am the one running this course! I have been working as a barista for the past seven years, and I have also developed a huge passion for coffee during my work, which has led me to not only do the job but always look for ways to improve.
I care about the quality I give to my customers and this shows; I have often gained praise from my core customers, some even going as far as asking for me in particular to make their coffee when I am manning a different station.
I hope for you to adapt this mentality during my course so that after honing your skills you can gain the same sort of appreciation from colleagues, employers and customers alike.